CO alarm: Unseen dangers for the family member
What’s invisible and has no smell but can kill you? Carbon monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas with no smell, taste or color that’s the byproduct of incomplete combustion, making it so difficult to detect that you can inhale it without even realizing it!
Carbon monoxide may comes from your furnace, hot water heater, oven, woodstove, fireplace or anything that burns fuel. High levels of CO are often fatal but low levels can also be dangerous. Long term, they can lead to cardiovascular diseases (heart attacks, strokes or arrhythmias). When you breathe in carbon monoxide, it quickly attaches to the hemoglobin in your blood and creates carboxyhemoglobin (COHb). This bonding prevents oxygen from properly getting to your brain, other organs and muscles, causing damage to these vital organs very quickly.
The best and easiest way to protect yourself and your family from CO poisoning in to install CO alarms.
There are two main types of carbon monoxide alarm: Battery-powered CO alarm and hard-wired carbon monoxide detectors. Any type of carbon monoxide detector is better than none to protect your family from deadly carbon monoxide gas.
View Battery-powered CO alarm
View Hard-wired CO alarm
After installation, you should check these devices at least once a year to ensure they’re working like they should.
- >>Previous：Carbon Monoxide detectors provide peace of mind